- Preparation time: 5 minutes
- Cook time: 5 minutes
- Total time: 10 minutes
- Servings for: 2
Keto avocado egg salad recipe: – High fat content and very few carbohydrates are the basis of the Keto diet, or ketogenic, aimed at weight loss and improvements in athletic performance.
This diet even promises to lower the blood sugar levels of patients with type 2 diabetes, accelerate weight loss, and, above all, not to leave its practitioners hungry. The carbohydrates consumed are transformed into glucose in the body, which is carried by the blood to the cells and used as an energy source.
The goal of the ketogenic diet is to make glucose not the body’s main source of energy, but body fat. The basis of the ketogenic diet is to remove carbohydrate sources from the body, forcing you to use the fat tissue stock as an energy resource, maximizing weight loss.
The name of this diet comes from the process of obtaining energy from the breakdown of fat in the liver, generating ketone, which is then used to feed the body instead of glucose. This metabolic process is called ketosis.
For the diet to work, it is necessary to drastically reduce the number of carbohydrates ingested. In the classic ketogenic diet, originally used to treat seizure disorders, only 5% to 10% of the body’s energy comes from carbohydrates, 5% to 15% protein, and 80% to 90% fat.
Meanwhile, on a regular diet, men and women tend to consume about 50% of calories in the form of carbohydrates. Modified for weight loss and improvements in athletic performance, the ketogenic diet allows the consumption of protein in a more liberal way.
From 20% to 30% of its total calories – maintaining only the restriction to carbohydrates.
One of the common foods that are used to be the people following the keto diets is eggs and avocado. Therefore we have here posted the recipe of Keto avocado egg salad recipe.
Eggs are an excellent protein source, have a high content of vitamins B, A and D, phosphorus, iron, calcium, and selenium. They also contain choline, a substance useful for the brain for memory efficiency, and are rich in lutein and zeaxanthin.
Egg also contains important carotenoids for vision, which protect the eyes from macular degeneration and reduce the risk of developing cataracts.
This Keto avocado egg salad recipe is also ideal as a perfect summer salad with reduced calorie intake. It is a salad rich in fiber and protein, which will keep you full for a long time, so it is an ideal meal, which you can take to work.
How to Make Keto Avocado Egg Salad Recipe – 7 Easy Steps
#1 Ingredients needed for making the Avocado egg salad keto recipe
With this recipe of salad, you can make a hearty, fresh low-carb lunch. This keto avocado egg salad recipe is full of flavor, you’ll want to make it every day. Lots of proteins and little carbohydrates!
The fresh, crispy salad with avocado and egg is super quick to prepare and very, very tasty. Just a great, healthy lunch or dinner. The ingredients that we use for this Keto avocado egg salad recipe are the common ones very easy to find in the market. Take a look at the ingredients that we will be using for this Keto avocado egg salad recipe:
- 1 large avocado
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 lime or lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lettuce to wrap
#2 Utensils and devices needed for cooking the Keto avocado egg salad recipe
The avocado egg salad is also very good to take away on the go, whether at work, to school, or for long car journeys. Since the avocado is very substantial, the salad also makes you very full, especially in combination with the egg.
This is also the perfect diet for you if you are on the keto diet. Both delicious, light in calorie intake and healthy, what more do you need. And of course, very simple to make and prepare for.
The utensils that we need for this recipe are also simple just some bowls and a saucepan. The utensils that we need for this Keto avocado egg salad recipe are:
- Small and large bowl
- Chopping board
- Paper towel
#3 Preparation before cooking the Keto avocado egg salad recipe
A salad with avocado and eggs is a great idea for a light lunch that you can take to work, which will keep you full for a long time.
Salad with avocado, the egg is just a godsend for those who do not eat meat products but want to cook a hearty, healthy dish. The avocado contains a lot of healthy fats, it has a delicate and pleasant taste.
Egg on the other hand is a rich source of protein and fat. And the combination of two will certainly be a blessing for you if you are in the keto diet. The preparation that you need to do before cooking this Keto avocado egg salad recipe is very easy and takes only a few minutes.
All you need to do is a few cleaning and chopping. Then you will be ready to make this beautiful aromatic dish. Let’s get on with our preparation:
- Firstly, wash your hands properly with soap and water for 20 seconds. The most important step in the cooking of any dish.
- Then bring together the utensils as mentioned above. Thoroughly wash them and set them aside for drying the, properly.
- Now bring all the raw ingredients that you need and start with cleaning, washing, and chopping of these ingredients.
- Take the lettuce, wash under clean water, and dry them properly with a paper towels.
- Clean the avocado properly and set aside as we will be cutting avocado only at the time of cooking the dish.
- Wash the lime or lemon whichever you are taking and cut in half. Then squeeze its juice in a small bowl.
- Wash the chives properly, dry them, and chop finely.
- Prepare the hard-boiled eggs: put the eggs in a saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil and cook over medium heat for 8 minutes. After cooking, remove from the heat and transfer the eggs to a bowl with cold water. When the eggs are well cooled, remove the shell and coarsely chop.
- Your preparation is complete now get on with cooking this recipe.
#4 Methods to cook the Keto avocado egg salad recipe
This rich and easy keto egg salad is a healthy low carb lunch with plenty of protein and a delicious taste! They are delicious and cheap at the same time, and they are simple foods that are easy to use in your macros.
On top of that, the making of their salad is very easy and takes very little time to cook. Follow the steps as mentioned below:
Steps to follow for Keto avocado egg salad recipe:
- You have already prepared the eggs, chives so there are very little things to do. The only thing that you have to is prepare the avocado.
- Cut the avocado in half, remove the core and cut the flesh into cubes.
- In a salad bowl add the chopped eggs, the avocado cubes, the mayonnaise, the salt, pepper, the squeezed lemon juice and mix the mixture gently.
- Put the lettuce leaves on the plate or in a serving bowl. Then put the salad on the lettuce leaves. And sprinkle some chives on top for garnish and freshness.
- The egg and avocado salad are ready to serve.
#5 How to serve the Keto avocado egg salad recipe
This is the perfect lunch or side dish. It’s getting crowded enough to be your full lunch, with just a few raw vegetables on the side. This salad is rich in vitamins, healthy fats, nutritious, and satiating.
It is among the low-carb salads ideal for those who control the intake of carbohydrates and can also be valid for the ketogenic diet.
- The salad alone is enough for you as lunch or dinner. Since you are on a keto diet, so it is better that you eat this salad only.
- If you want you can have some raw vegetables on the side.
- You can also serve it at parties or as a garnish in cookouts.
- The egg and avocado salad can be served in a spoon like the Russian salad, or on top of lettuce leaves. Fresh and creamy, it is perfect for spring and summer.
#6 Some simple tips to follow for making the Avocado egg salad keto recipe
Since you are on the keto diet, therefore here are some tips for you that you can follow while making this Keto avocado egg salad recipe:
- This is the perfect recipe for prep lunches and meal preps. Prepare this lunch at the beginning of the week and store it in the refrigerator so you can use it for the rest of the week.
- Store it in an airtight container. It will last about a week before the texture changes.
- The avocado will last that long due to the lime juice. If you want to prevent the chopped avocado from turning brown, add lemon or lime juice.
- The eggs should have cooled a bit after cooking, so it is best not to cut them warm into the salad, but wait half an hour or an hour.
- If you do not want to make the mayonnaise yourself, you can of course use purchased or low-sugar ones!
- Avocado – Make sure it is ripe, pitted, and diced.
- Eggs – Boil them in advance. This will make preparing the salad to go faster.
- Mayonnaise – Any type of mayonnaise will work. Primal Kitchen makes avocado oil mayonnaise that will taste perfect. Just be sure to use one with no added sugar.
- Lime juice – You can also substitute lemon juice. Fresh squeezes will taste better, but the bottled type works just as well.
- Chopped chives – If you don’t have chives, you can use some chopped green onions
- Lettuce- Use large leafy lettuce that can contain the egg salad. You can use butter lettuce or iceberg lettuce.
- Here are some things you can add to your egg salad that will make it look delicious and taste even better. Bacon, Fresh dill, parsley or coriander, Jalapeno,
- Eggs from organic farming have a more valuable nutrient composition than eggs from conventional factory farming and mean a much higher quality of life for the chickens.
- If you remove the end of the stem from the back of the avocado in the supermarket and it is still bright green underneath, the avocado is not yet spoiled! However, it should not be too hard, otherwise it cannot be used for guacamole or spreads.
- If it is still too immature and needs to ripen quickly, you can wrap it together with a banana in newsprint and store it in a warmer environment – so it ripens quickly.
- The mayonnaise can be kept in a closed glass jar, in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. The flavor of the coconut oil from the mayonnaise vanishes after a few hours in the refrigerator. Mayonnaise can be flavored with lemon juice or apple cider vinegar for a more intense flavor. For the preparation of mayonnaise, you can use the food processor with the appropriate accessory and the result is infallible.
- In order not to make the mayonnaise crazy it is important to pour the oil slowly drop by drop to allow a perfect union with the yolk proteins. The more oil you add, the more firm and consistent the mayonnaise becomes. The more lemon (or vinegar) is added, the softer the mayonnaise.
- If at the end of the preparation the mayonnaise should be too thick and you do not want to add more lemon juice or vinegar, because it is already sufficiently tasty, add a spoonful of warm water.
#7 Frequently asked questions [Keto avocado egg salad recipe]
The keto diet has been slowly gaining its pace because most of the celebrities have made it famous.
Therefore, most of the people attracted by the graceful figure of the celebrities are also on the way of following the keto diet. Therefore, here are some questions that you may have regarding the keto diet.
How do you know if you are in ketosis state?
The presence of ketone in the urine is a way of measuring whether the body is in a state of ketosis, that is, burning the fat stock to generate energy.
However, people who do not follow the ketogenic diet should be aware: the presence of ketone in the urine may indicate diabetic ketoacidosis. This condition indicates absence, insufficiency, or resistance to insulin, which prevents the body from using glucose as an energy source.
Thereafter, the condition of ketosis can cause the blood of the person with diabetes to become more acidic, due to the accumulation of ketones, a potentially fatal condition that must be treated immediately.
Does the Keto diet pose health risks?
At the beginning of the diet, it is possible that one of the side effects is keto-flu. The result of the body’s attempts to adjust to the new diet, low in carbohydrates, in addition to the use of ketone as an energy source.
Symptoms are fatigue, headaches, dizziness, sleep problems, heart palpitations, cramps, and diarrhea. These signs tend to disappear within two weeks, and choosing a slower transition to the keto diet can help reduce these symptoms.
Constipation and diarrhea are also not uncommon in this diet, especially when you don’t eat enough vegetables and fruits – which are sources of fiber. It is important that, when carrying out this type of diet, no food group is completely eliminated, as this can also cause nutritional deficiencies.
What are the benefits of the ketogenic diet?
The keto diet brings benefits to athletes, who can improve their performance, especially in endurance activities, since the body is less dependent on carbohydrate replenishment.
For those who wish to lose weight, this diet can reduce appetite, accelerating the weight loss process. However, it is important to remember that the objective of the diet is a nutritional reeducation.
It must be supported by a healthy lifestyle, physical exercise, and a balanced diet. Because it is strict, the ketogenic diet can lead to the accordion effect, if the person is not able to comply with it as established.
What to eat in the ketogenic diet?
High-fat foods such as avocado, nuts, and seeds can be healthy options for the keto diet. There are restrictions on fruits, with exceptions such as avocado.
But vegetables, such as green leaves, broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage, onions, and mushrooms should become staples of the diet. In the protein category, fish, poultry, and red meats can be included in the diet. Dairy products, eggs, and cheeses are also welcome.
How to do the ketogenic diet?
First, you need to talk to a professional to understand the energy requirement, an individual measure that takes into account factors such as age, gender, current weight, height, and level of physical activity. Thereafter, he may or may not set a daily calorie limit.
The menu is not pre-defined but rather adapted to the tastes of each one. And consists of meats and some derivatives with the exception of milk, vegetables at will, and fats of any kind. There is no exact number of meals per day, as each person feels hungry at different times.
To induce ketosis, the body needs to spend time in carbohydrate shortages. Therefore, the diet has a minimum duration of 2 to 3 weeks and can reach 6 months. In general, due to the severe restriction, the program lasts around 40 days.
During the first week, which is an adaptation phase, the lack of glucose for the brain can cause side effects. Such as moodiness, tiredness, and weakness. But then the tendency is for the mood to stabilize and the body to get used to the new way of making energy.
What are the foods that are prohibited in the ketogenic diet?
In general, the diet favors natural foods and limits processed products. Here are the items that cannot be consumed:
- Alcoholic beverages
- Tubers, such as carrots, potatoes, cassava, yams, etc
- Vegetables like corn Legumes, such as beans, soybeans, peas, chickpeas
- Other sources of sugar cannot be consumed
Is the ketogenic diet safe?
Yes, but with reservations. First, the diet cannot be done for a long time, as it is very restrictive. It is effective in the short and medium-term, but the physiological mechanisms involved in it raise concerns.
For example, people with diabetes or hypertension should be aware that medication adjustments are often necessary. Otherwise, there is a risk of hypertension and hypoglycemia crises due to changes in metabolism.
Those with liver or kidney disease, on the other hand, cannot follow this diet, as the increase in protein and fat intake can overload these organs. Not to mention that cutting carbohydrates means stop eating various foods with vitamins and minerals important for health, such as cereals, legumes, and fruits.
The high consumption of fats is another point to be considered before opting for the plan. Medical societies and international bodies advocate a low-lipid diet.
By causing 90% of calories to come from fat, there is a risk of increased triglycerides and cholesterol, which can be a problem for those who already have high levels of these molecules.
Because of all these factors, although safe in most cases, the ketogenic diet cannot be done without medical supervision.
Does the keto diet really lose weight?
Yes. Since carbohydrates make up most meals, cutting them reduces the calories consumed daily – which naturally leads to weight loss.
Other than that, ketosis consumes body fat, which also leads to the rapid weight loss that made the diet famous.
How to make the homemade mayonnaise?
To make the mayonnaise at home you need:
- 3 yolks of fresh eggs from grazing hens
- 120 ml of delicate extra virgin olive oil
- 120 ml of virgin coconut oil (in the liquid state)
- 1 tablespoon of squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon unpasteurized apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon of fine pink Himalayan salt
- ½ teaspoon mustard (optional)
Method to make the mayonnaise:
- Prepare the food processor with the appropriate accessory for whipping eggs and mayonnaise.
- Pour the yolks into the processor. Activate for about 30 seconds until the yolks are creamy.
- Allow the food processor to run at moderate speed, pour (through the hole for inserting the liquids in the processor lid) slowly, little by little, the extra virgin olive oil. After a few seconds, the mixture thickens and there is no longer the risk that the mayonnaise will separate.
- Then gradually add the coconut oil.
- Finally, flavor with the squeezed lemon juice, the vinegar, the salt, and the mustard, activate the processor for a few seconds to mix the mixture.
- It’s ready to serve.
With all your questions answered, make this salad and continue with your keto diet.