The fat free avocado salad dressing recipe:- Fresh vegetables are a source of low-calorie vitamins and essentials for the human body. Meals will not be rational without including these products on the menu.
Vegetable salads are popular all over the world because they are healthy and tasty at the same time, they require a minimum of time for their preparation.
However, a salad will not be delicious without the perfect dressing. A dressing of fresh vegetable salads needs a special one: shading the delicate taste of the products and making them as healthy as possible.
Table of Contents
- Ingredients required
- Utensils required
- How to prepare
- Method to make
- How to serve
- Some simple tips to follow
- Frequently Asked Questions
- What other acids can I use for this dressing?
- Can I use oil for this recipe? What oils can I use?
- Do ready-made dressings with low calories help you lose weight?
- Why salad with dressing is healthier?
- How do you store grease-free salad dressing?
- What is the most important point to consider for making this dressing?
- What other signs can a healthy and nutritious breakfast such as avocado dressing have for our body?
How to Make Fat Free Avocado Salad Dressing Recipe?
Even a novice chef can wash, chop, and mix fresh vegetables. But this mixture will turn into a salad only after it is coated with a delicious dressing. This ingredient plays an important role, it can make the appetizer tasty or tasteless, increase the benefit of the dish or harm it.
Creating a salad dressing can take even longer than preparing the main ingredients, but the result is worth it. The delicate creamy cream-based sauce will give the salad a pleasant creamy aroma, a delicate aroma.
The vegetables with it digest well. This version of the salad dressing refers to French cuisine, which is famous for its sauces.
Avocado dishes are not just a fad. Avocado is really healthy, that is, its fats are very healthy and necessary for our body. The price is not naive, so we don’t have to eat it often, but it’s ok sometimes to include it for breakfast, lunch, or, if you’re out of restrictions, for a snack.
Monounsaturated fats (fatty acids), which avocado is rich in, reduce the level of bad cholesterol (LDL) and increase the level of good (HDL). In addition to good fats, avocados have many different vitamins and minerals. Primarily vitamins E, K, and B vitamin complex.
It is also rich in magnesium and potassium. This is important information for those who start with a Chrono diet. So they often complain of pain in the legs, which appear due to the expulsion of excess water, because magnesium and potassium go with the water.
Those who fast should also include it in their diet. Not only will it keep them full, but you will also get enough fat, without violating the rules of fasting.
The recipe that is presented here is a solution to some concerns that we all have had at some time when cooking is the use of oil in the dressing. This is the dressing recipe without the use of oil.
Let’s take note of the ingredients, let’s go to the market and let’s get to work! Prepare a salad with your favorite leaves, vegetables, and fruits. Finish by incorporating this rich dressing, easy to prepare, and inexpensive.
- Servings per container: 4
- Preparation time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 5 min
#1 Ingredients needed for making the Fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
When making your own dressings at home, you have full control and be picky about what ingredients you use.
This means that you have the winding with a dressing that is so fragrant and something you can eat without any guilt. This recipe to prepare a delicious avocado dressing is very easy and is delicious for salads.
It is prepared with avocado, coriander, garlic, honey and if you want it a little spicy you can add hot pepper or chili to taste. For the variation without spicy, you can add little green pepper.
- 1 whole avocado
- ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of agave honey
- 1 lemon
- 1 clove of garlic
- ¼ cup of coriander
- ¼ cups of water to lose weight
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
#2 Utensils required for making the Fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
Salad dressings help to vary the flavor, can add flavor, and even add nutrients.
For starters in salads, who still don’t really enjoy eating them, the sauces can help a lot to start getting used to the texture and flavors of vegetables. This creamy avocado dressing can be made in a blender or mini food processor.
It can be prepared in advance and stored in the refrigerator until ready to serve. Very simple and easy to make, the utensils and devices that we will be using for this recipe are also the ones that we have already in the kitchen. Take a look at the utensils and devices that we will be using for the recipe:
Utensils and devices:
- Knife and chopping board
- Various sizes spoons
- Blender or processor
- Bowls and jar
#3 Preparation before making the Fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
Eating salad is always a very healthy choice, whether to lose weight, to maintain weight or just to be healthier, providing more vitamins, nutrients to the body, and warding off diseases.
If you want to vary the flavor of your salad, you can prepare different sauces and make it more refreshing and delicious to eat. An idea of a very popular salad dressing is avocado dressing.
Easy to be prepared, the avocado salad dressing can take different ingredients to give a different touch to the light meal. However, preparing for this dressing recipe takes time than to make this recipe.
Ou has to do a lot of washing, cleaning, and cutting. But when preparing the avocado for the dressing, do it only at the time of mating the dressing. This way avocado will not turn red and will maintain the fresh flavor for a longer time.
Let’s get to the preparation for this recipe:
- First thing first, prepare the devices that we will be using for this recipe. Such as blender or processor, clean it thoroughly, and set aside. Clean all the utensils that we will be using such as a knife, chopping board, spoons, bowls, or jar.
- Now bring together all the raw ingredients that we will be using for this recipe.
- Clean and wash the avocado, lemon, and coriander.
- Now chop the coriander in small pieces. Grate the lemon peel.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze its juice in a small bowl.
- Peel the garlic and chop the garlic in small pieces.
- Now you are ready to make the dressing.
#4 Method for making the Fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
Avocado recipes are always a good choice. After all, despite being caloric, avocado is a rich source of good fat and its consumption can provide several benefits.
The advantages of eating avocado have already been scientifically proven. Studies show on the benefits of avocado point to its ability to prevent some types of cancer, such as colon, prostate, and breast cancer.
Read Also: How To Make Avocado Recipes For Babies?
With all these advantages, it is important to include avocado from time to time in your diet. So why not in the form of dressing for your salad. Making the dressing is easy, we have shown here the steps to make this dressing for your salad:
Steps to follow:
- Split avocado in half, remove the
- Pull meat from the avocado peel with a tablespoon.
- Pour the avocado pulp into a food processor or blender.
- Add remaining ingredients into a food processor or blender: Vinegar, garlic, water, honey, lemon peel, coriander, lemon juice, salt, and pepper.
- Place lid and process or blend for one minute until smooth and creamy.
- Add an additional splash of water if you want thinner.
- When the mixture is creamy and homogeneous, pour the mixture in a bowl or glass jar.
- If you don’t have blender or processor, you can cut all the ingredients in small pieces and then mash them together with the pulp of the avocado in a large bowl, seasoning according to your taste. Then, you can put the mixture in a closed container and refrigerate it for about an hour. But you can also eat as soon as you prepare.
#5 How to serve the Fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
If you are looking for a salad dressing, a different dressing, light, and delicious dressing for your salad, do not hesitate to prepare this one, you will love it.
It is creamy like ranch, but it is far from similar in calories, this is much healthier. The combination of lemon citrus, both its juice and grated peel, with the sweetness of agave honey and the creaminess of the avocado, make it unmatched.
Well, this dressing is perfect for any type of salad, meat, chicken, or fish. Choose one of these:
- The avocado dressing with lemon and coriander is ideal for salads with crispy vegetables (carrots, radishes, cucumbers, etc.), or also for chicken or shrimp salads.
- Use this dressing as an alternative to mayonnaise for pasta salads or potato salads. It is very rich for sandwiches (instead of mayonnaise or mustard). The spicy version is very good as a taco sauce or even as a dip with banana chips or tortilla chips.
- It is also ideal for Pomegranate salad, cucumbers salad and other fruit Salad Recipes
- Spread on bread, it is excellent support for toasts and canapes, but it also works very well with fish, cooked potatoes, and can practically replace normal mayonnaise in any preparation.
- Try it in a Russian salad, in rice salads, toasts, hamburgers, or with fish fries and you will be surprised by the delicate aftertaste of avocado that leaves on the palate.
- With pasta or potato salad, you can add the dressing/sauce directly so that it can pull through well.
- Any salad, of course, but it works especially well as a replacement for Cobb salad.
- Try it over fish or grilled salmon (you can microwave it if you prefer).
- Or try pork topping. This fat-free dressing is poured directly over it or to add flavor to a slider or other sandwich. It is particularly suitable for pork fillet.
- As a dipping sauce for chicken or sausages.
- Place a large bowl of this dressing in the middle of a fun vegetable platter. Ideal for parties or going out when you have a lot of house guests.
- This dressing is also ideal as a dipping sauce for soft dough pretzels.
#6 Some simple tips to follow for making the Fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
To always meet your expectations, you need to know a few rules for preparing fresh salad dressings:
- Fresh vegetables are valued for being rich in vitamins. Without being heat-treated, they retain their maximum advantage. However, a number of elements belong to fat-soluble vitamins A, E, K, D. Without fats, they are not absorbed by the body. The basis of dressing for a salad of fresh vegetables should be fatty foods: cream, sour cream, butter. Otherwise, the benefits of snacks become much lesser than they could be.
- If you follow the figure, do not put too much fatty food in the sauce, and the dressing itself is enough to put as much as you need to cover the vegetables. Vegetables themselves do not have a high energy value, but salad dressing can make a high-calorie snack.
- It is not necessary to add to the salad a lot of spicy and strong-smelling ingredients – they will clog the taste and aroma of vegetables. The appetizer sauce should not be solo.
- Use only fresh, high-quality food for cooking, otherwise, you will damage the taste and nutrition, making it, if not dangerous to health, at least unpleasant to taste.
- Mayonnaise, which many used for the salad seasoning, is not very suitable for snacks made from fresh vegetables. Because it has a very pronounced taste, a high energy value, and can be harmful. There are many alternative recipes for dressing vegetable salads, which are softer and healthier, in harmony with the taste of fresh vegetables. Be careful when choosing the dressing, and a fresh vegetable salad will be tasty and healthy.
- Allow the salad to cool to room temperature before using the salad. Such a dressing will change the taste of a familiar snack, enriching the menu with a new taste. The benefits of vegetables with it will be complemented by the benefits of fruits.
- It is best to use avocado when it is matte in color, without black dots on it. If you buy it while it is still green, keep it wrapped in newspaper at room temperature until it ripens.
- For easier cleaning after cutting in half, separate it from the seed by turning it as if you unscrewed the cap from the bottle. To release the other half, stab the knife (cut the bone) and turn it with the same unscrewing movements. This way you won’t have to crush this fruit with your fingers.
- It is most practical to do this while it is still in the bark. Cut into cubes and finally just turn the crust over.
- The consistency of this dressing is like that of the famous ranch salad dressing, but nothing to do with the calories that the latter has.
- If you want to use it as a deep with vegetables, cookies, or chips, do not add water and you can also add a jalapeno.
- We can do it manually by emptying all the ingredients in a glass jar with a lid and shake vigorously. Empty all the ingredients in a bowl and beat until integrated.
- Sweet and mild dressings go very well with bitter radicchio (this is where the fruity-sweet orange dressing goes best). Creamy dressings also soften the bitter taste. Neutral (or boring) salads such as lettuce, on the other hand, also tolerate strong, spicy, and even hot dressings. This turns boring lettuce leaves into a real experience on the tongue!
- With watery dressings, the oil should always be added at the end and then mixed. This means that all ingredients combine well and emulsify. The dressing then no longer divides into its phases and the taste of herbs and spices is enclosed by the oil.
- Dressings should always be added to the salad shortly before eating or served separately, for one simple reason. The salt in the dressing removes the water from the salad from the cells, makes it look withered and limp and it is also no longer so crisp. Therefore, mix together just before eating.
- If you want to take your salad to the office/university/school, you need small leak-proof dressing cans (35 ml fit in, that’s enough for 1 serving). Pour the dressing into the mini can and simply add it to the salad.
- You can replace lemon with fresh lime. You can enrich the cream with fresh basil or fresh coriander.
- The recipe calls for three tablespoons of oil, but if your avocado is not ripe enough, add one tablespoon of oil at a time until you get the right consistency.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
The avocado sauce for salad is an excellent option to give a different and delicious touch to different preparations and dishes full of vegetables and color.
This sauce in particular is very complete at a nutritional level and its flavor is extraordinary, so it will surely delight the whole family and especially the smallest of the house.
In addition, its preparation is very simple, fast, and does not require a large number of ingredients. You have to dare to try different things and break the monotony.
Now here are some question that may come to your mind which we have tried best to answer:
What other acids can I use for this dressing?
The market for vinegar may be so wide that we don’t know where to start. A good balsamic will never leave us bad, but if you are looking for a fresher dressing, lemon juice is a perfect ally.
New options and mixes need to be explored and tested. Some appropriate acids that we can use for this dressing are:
- Balsamic vinegar
- Red or White Wine Vinegar
- Apple vinegar
- Rice vinegar
- Citrus Juice: Lemon, orange, grapefruit, passion fruit
Can I use oil for this recipe? What oils can I use?
Yes, you can use oil for this dressing. For its part, the world of oils does not make selection easier. From a wide range of olive oils, through more neutral options such as avocado or sunflower oils.
In contrast, we have options that provide interesting flavors such as walnut oil or sesame oil. Therefore, combining different acids and oils, we can achieve the infinity of dressings.
Use olive oil if you are looking for a Mediterranean touch, use sesame oil if you are looking to give an Asian accent to your salad.
Do ready-made dressings with low calories help you lose weight?
Ready-made dressings have the reputation of an unhealthy calorie bomb because many of them contain added sugar and can be pretty tough on calories.
So the supposedly healthy salad quickly turns into a diet sin. That is why the dressing manufacturers now use healthy fats or offer reduced-fat variants. Some manufacturers even go so far that their dressings contain zero percent fat and sugar.
Read Also: Who to eat fat free avocado salad dressing recipe?
These low carb dressings are currently very popular in the fitness scene. Not only are they supposed to save a lot of calories, but they are also suitable for a low-carbohydrate diet.
The manufacturers use sweeteners instead of sugar, and oil is completely avoided. Instead, the dressings consist of water, vinegar, flavors, and thickeners.
But even if fat-free sounds tempting, there is a problem: Without oil, the body cannot absorb the healthy nutrients from lettuce and raw food.
Why salad with dressing is healthier?
Salad with dressing is healthier and this may sound a bit paradoxical at first glance, but it is true. Salads and other vegetables contain many vitamins and phytonutrients that the body cannot absorb without fat.
The fat-soluble vitamins A, D, E, and K as well as carotenoids, which are a precursor of vitamin A, are particularly important here and protect us from free radicals and inflammation.
But not only that: Cold-pressed oils such as linseed, olive, or walnut oil are a high-quality source of omega-3 fatty acids, which have a positive effect on our health. But many do not use dressing or oil to save calories and, above all, fat.
That’s not a good idea. So as far as the calorie account is concerned: yes, calorie-reduced dressings can help you lose weight. Like other light products, they tempt you to eat more.
For the reasons mentioned above, it is advisable to always eat a salad with a fatty dressing – even if it is not quite as cheap in terms of calories.
The fat-containing dressing is healthier, satiates longer, and often tastes a lot better. It is not for nothing that fat is a flavor carrier. The trick is not to use too much dressing.
One serving corresponds to approximately two tablespoons of dressing. If you are still afraid that dressing is a hindrance to losing weight, you may prefer to save on other greasy salad ingredients – and instead of avocado or nuts, eat more raw food (e.g. tomatoes, cucumbers, radishes or carrots).
How do you store grease-free salad dressing?
To keep this fat-free salad dressing recipe for a longer time, all you need is an airtight container and a refrigerator.
Pour this dressing into a container with a tight seal (mason jars work great!), So that you can shake it again if something settles. Place the jar or container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
What is the most important point to consider for making this dressing?
Remember that in order to be good to eat, the avocado fruit must have the right maturity. Indeed, even more than seasoning, its maturation is important.
If the avocado is too unripe (therefore very hard to the touch) your dish would risk resembling a little bar of soap. If too ripe, in addition, to blacken in several places and take a sour taste, you might make guacamole and not a salad dressing.
Read also: Why to eat fat free avocado salad dressing recipe?
Another important aspect is that it easily blackens so that a few drops of lemon or lime will avoid you (in case you want to prepare the salad in advance) a bad and unappetizing grayish color.
What other signs can a healthy and nutritious breakfast such as avocado dressing have for our body?
Due to the high content of potassium in avocados, it has a positive effect on concentration, memory, as well as on the functioning of the entire central nervous system.
It also has a beneficial effect on muscle work and eliminates fatigue. The natural pigment lutein from the group of carotenoids, which is present in this healthy food, protects against certain types of cancer.
It reduces the risk of developing macular degeneration of the eye and prevents the formation of cataracts. Avocados contain three times more of this pigment than any other type of fruit or vegetable.
Due to the significant content of vitamin E, which is an antioxidant, it is good for cancer prevention and prevents inflammation of the intestines. Folic acid (vitamin B9) participates in the conversion of food into energy, it is important for the liver, hair, and skin health.
Then it is essential for good brain function and proper development of the organism. This is especially important in early childhood, because it promotes accelerated cell growth, as well as in babies during pregnancy.
The avocado sauce for salad is perfect to accompany a large number of dishes where vegetables and fruits are the main protagonists. This sauce can also be used to spread on crusty bread or small cookies.
Go ahead and surprise your family with this delicious preparation that, in addition to filling your salads with flavor, is extremely nutritious and very easy to prepare.
Related terms and posts
- Tips on fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- How to serve fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- Why to eat fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- Where to eat fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- reason to eat fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- The guide on fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- when to eat fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- fat free avocado salad dressing recipe
- How to eat fat free avocado salad dressing recipe