How to eat avocado for breakfast without bread? :- When you’re on a diet, it’s hard to figure out what to eat in the big rush of breakfast. This is why many people leave home on an empty stomach, even though it is very unhealthy.
You should know that breakfast is the most important meal of your day. Therefore, you should not ignore it and replenish it with energy, not complicated and lengthy to prepare, and if possible, keep it full and even delicious.
The routine use of bread for breakfast can not be healthy after all. Only artificial sweeteners, flavors, and texture enhancers give the taste experience that the human body needs nothing.
In contrast, breakfast, made from wholesome ingredients, is the foundation of conscious and healthy nutrition, healthy, and delicious at the same time. It also gives you a boost to get your day off to a good start and have the energy for everything.
How to make fancy avocado toast recipes
This is the breakfast that you probably looking for. Avocado you know is the super nutrient-rich fruit that you can eat raw just like that removing the cover and the seed.
Avocado is an exotic fruit, unusual in appearance and reminiscent of pear. It has green rough bark and a soft and delicious interior rich in vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients.
If you want to add some variety in your breakfast and at the same time you want diversity and taste, then this breakfast is perfect for you. The recipe can be prepared in minutes, which is healthy and tasty and can help you lose weight and maintain your diet.
- Servings per container: 4
- Preparation time: 10 min.
- Cooking time: 20 min.
#1 Ingredients that are needed for cooking the Fancy avocado toast recipe
From the name only, you have known that avocado is going to be the main hero of this recipe. In addition to being extremely healthy, avocados harbor incredible health benefits.
Therefore, there is no reason not to include it in your daily menu especially for the important meal of the day. And if that breakfast turns to be the most delicious, you will make your day by yourself.
This delightful breakfast recipe other than avocado uses sweet potato another great ingredient to include in your diet. Sweet potato is great for increasing your immune system which is a must in this pandemic season.
The sweet potato includes vitamins, minerals, fibers, antioxidants that help strengthen your eyesight, brain function, and prevent and fight against cancer. We are going to use the young baby spinach which is another great source of vitamin A, minerals, and water.
There will be cheese as of your choice. All the ingredients that we will be using are the ones that are easily available in the market. Look at the full ingredients that we need for this recipe.
- 1-2 sweet potato
- 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
- a few handfuls of young spinach (or any other greens of your choice)
- avocado pulp
- feta cheese (again, you can replace it with any other favorite cheese)
- 4 eggs
- salt and black pepper
- Fresh culinary herbs to your taste (e.g. basil, rosemary, oregano)
For avocado pulp
- 1 ripe avocado fruit
- 1 1/2 cups / 200 grams of peas (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil
- salt and black pepper
- some water if you think the mixture is too thick
#2 Utensils that are required for cooking the Fancy avocado toast recipe
Nowadays, when recipes are readily available to us, we are raising awareness of imaginative breakfast options and better nutrition with the addition of valuable foods like avocados.
Avocado, one of the (nutritionally richest) tropical fruits, is an extremely healthy food that will enrich your meal with healthy fats. Besides, avocados are full of potassium and magnesium, two nutrients that help lower blood pressure.
Usually avocado with bread is the most famous breakfast that people have which can be made easily. But many of us don’t want to eat bread or tired of eating bread, so here is the healthy recipe made from avocado and sweet potato.
The recipe will be prepared in the oven, so we need an oven. And if we are preparing the fresh avocado pulp or paste, then we can use the blender or you can simply use the fork fro the purpose.
It doesn’t matter if the pulp has some lump in it. Other devices that we need are simply those that we need for our everyday purpose. Take a look at the utensils that we will be needing for this recipe:
Utensils and items:
- Oven and oven mitts
- Baking tray
- Parchment paper
- Small brush
- Fork and pan(optional)
- Pot to boil the eggs
- Knife and chopping board
#3 Preparation before cooking the Fancy avocado toast recipe
Only 5-10 minutes will be required to prepare for this recipe, so never try to skip this step. As preparing for cooking is more important than cooking the dish itself.
Preparation beforehand will help you enjoy your cooking, save your time and effort. Preparation before cooking the recipe itself include cleaning, washing, drying the utensils, preparing the electrical devices, washing the ingredients thoroughly and cutting, chopping the ingredients.
Look at the preparation below:
- First thing first, wash your hands properly and then start cleaning the device that you will be using for this recipe.
- Make sure that the electrical devices are unplugged, clean, and dry.
- Gather the utensils and ingredients that you will be using for this recipe and keep it nearby so you don’t have to rush here and there while cooking.
- Clean the utensils properly and set them aside to dry.
- Preheat the oven to 200 ºC.
- If you are using the frozen peas, put the peas at the room temperature.
- Meanwhile, you can start with the cutting and peeling your ingredients. We will be dealing with the avocado at the time of cooking. This will prevent the fruit from turning brown due to oxidization.
- Rinse the sweet potatoes thoroughly and cut lengthwise into pieces 2-2.5 cm high. Set them aside on the plate.
- Wash the young baby spinach thoroughly. You can either chop it or use it just like that.
- Wash the other green herbs that you will be using for this recipe. If you want to use these herbs raw, then it’s better that you chop it. Else you can bake the herbs along with sweet potato so you don’t need to chop them.
- Now that you are ready, lest beginning with the cooking of this dish.
#4 How to cook the Fancy avocado toast recipe
Although in trend it is not an appropriate epithet to combine avocado with food, for avocado it is simply perfect. But it is great when we combine this great fruit with other nutritious food or vegetable which will make our diet complete.
This tasty recipe represents the perfect breakfast: it contains all the components necessary for the caloric needs required by a good breakfast. Besides, avocado is a real cure-all for the body: it contains vitamins, antioxidants, potassium, and fiber.
Thanks to all these principles, regular consumption of this food considerably reduces the risk of developing cardiovascular diseases and increases fertility. Olive oil, sweet potatoes, spinach, cheese more than compliment this recipe.
Then there are boiled eggs providing you the protein that you need to complete your balanced diet. Take a look at the method on how to cook this breakfast.
- Take the sweet potatoes and lay the pieces on a baking sheet, remember to put parchment paper. Sprinkle with olive oil and bake for 15-20 minutes until the potatoes are dry. Meanwhile, cook the avocado pulp and eggs.
- Add all the ingredients for the avocado pulp to a blender and beat until smooth with a small number of lumps. Add some water if necessary. You can also stir the ingredients with a hand mixer. Add some salt and black pepper for taste.
- Boil the eggs for about 4-5 minutes to make the yolk liquid inside. You can also fry eggs in a pan, it depends on what you like best.
- While you boil the eggs, you can also boil the peas if you want to or use the peas raw.
- When the sweet potato is cooked, remove it from the oven.
- Put the slices on a plate and lay on them spinach, peas, cooked avocado pulp, eggs, and crumbled feta cheese. You can sprinkle fresh toasted herbs on top.
- Your breakfast is ready for you to enjoy.
#5 How to serve and eat the Fancy avocado toast recipe
The recipe is in itself complete, what more you need when you have a crisp healthy baked sweet potato on top which there are sweet peas, spinach, cheese, and avocado pulp.
As soon as it is prepared, eat it fresh. If the pulp is left, you can freeze it mixing the lemon juice for future use. The avocado pulp and the sweet pea and potato will make you full so probably don’t need any other side dishes alongside this breakfast.
But still, you need some extra side dishes, you can use ones as per your preference. Such as:
- You can bake some of the vegetables while baking the sweet potatoes such as carrot, potatoes, tomatoes.
- You can also make cabbage salad to serve alongside the recipe.
- You can have any drink that you like such as other fruit juices or tea, the coffee you like.
- You can also pair this breakfast with salmon or tuna.
#6 Some simple tips to follow to cook the Fancy avocado toast recipe
As you have already gone through the recipe, you have noticed how simple it is to prepare this recipe. You don’t need that much of tips as the cooking method is very simple and easy.
One of the complications can be cleaning, peeling, and cutting the avocado, and making its paste. To make your cooking even simpler, here are some more tips for you to follow.
- If you are in a hurry in the morning, it is not necessary to cook the avocado pulp, you can simply crush the fruit of the avocado with a fork, adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Wash the fruit well to wash away any pesticides and impurities.
- Cut off a small portion of the top of the avocado.
- Hold it with one hand on the upper side, cut it in half lengthwise with the other hand. Start narrower.
- You can remove the kernel with a spoon – remove it from the fleshy fruit.
- Cut a piece of bark with a knife and peel the fruit – you probably won’t need a knife for this, since it is slightly peeled by hand.
- Cut it into slices.
- Sprinkle it with lemon juice as needed so it doesn’t brown.
- Use only yellow parts.
- As the fruit pulp does not change color, you can apply a few drops of lemon juice to it.
- The skin of the fruit may vary. In one case, one may be dark (brown), in the other – green or black.
- For successful storage over a long period, it is necessary to place the fruit in the refrigerator.
- If you are choosing between not ripe and overripe fruits, it is better to stop at the first option. Avocados should be stored at room temperature, and after a few days the skin will darken and the consistency will become soft.
- If you are going to prepare avocado not immediately after purchase, but after a few days, it is better to choose light, unripe fruit. These fruits ripen quickly at home, but also fail quickly.
- Before cooking, you must prepare the fruit properly. It’s important to know how to peel an avocado to preserve its shape and not damage the meat. From the ripe fruit, the bark is separated effortlessly, enough to release with a knife and peel the fruit by hand. If kept tight – this means the avocado is not ripe and should be delayed for a while. After cleansing, you need to get rid of the seed, it should also be easily separated from the pulp.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
You certainly have some questions regarding this recipe. So here are some questions that are answered that are likely to come up in your mind as well.
Can I eat avocado and its pulp in the morning?
Surely you can eat the avocado in the morning as your breakfast. You can even make the avocado juice and have it. certainly is healthy for you and satiating as well. It’s gonna hold till you have your lunch.
Is it a healthy breakfast?
Its, in fact, a complete balanced breakfast that you can have. You have avocado there which has more than 25 vitamins and minerals. It is certainly rich in water and hydrates your body.
We are using peas and eggs which are the high source of protein. Sweet potato is again a rich source of carbohydrate, fiber, and vitamins. There is then young spinach and green herbs that we will be using which is another great source for vitamins, minerals, and water.
So all in all its a complete breakfast to start your day.
Can I use other vegetables instead of spinach, and add bacon for example?
You can use any vegetables that you prefer to eat your avocados. You can use bacon or fish like tuna and salmon. You can either fry the bacon, fish in the pan, or you can bake them and use it with avocado pulp.
Can you tell me the substitute for avocado?
Avocado has been popular and certainly is in fashion. But for those of you who don’t want to consume avocado, there is other substitute food that you can have. Such as:
- Walnut, pumpkin, blueberry
- Flax seeds
- All berries, beetroot, cucumber, spring cabbage (red and green), spinach
- blueberry, asparagus, flower sprouts, nuts, sunflower or pumpkin seeds
What makes the best pair with avocado eggs or bread?
Eggs and avocado make a great pair, it’s worth combining them in several ways. We can make scrambled eggs, beat eggs, make sandwiches, mix salads, add several other ingredients such as ham, cheese, various vegetables, green spices, or even shrimp or smoked fish.
If we have a couple of nice, ripe avocados and a few eggs, we’re ready to start the day with a nutritious breakfast.
What is the best combination of avocado and how to eat it properly for health?
Avocado can be combined with other fruits and vegetables as well as meat and fish to make your diet a balanced diet. Such as:
- Fresh fruits and vegetables: tomatoes and cucumbers, Bulgarian peppers, cabbage, carrots, lettuce, pineapple, and others.
- Seafood: shrimp, squid, mussels, salmon, or salmon.
- Mustard, spices, lemon juice, garlic, cabbage. It is often used as a base for a sauce with the addition of spices.
- Dairy products: cheese, fresh cheese, yogurt.
A video on How to Make Avocado Toast 10 WAYS!
With all these questions answered, start with your cooking. Happy breakfast.