- Servings per container: 4
- Preparation time: 5 min.
- Cooking time: 5 min.
Avocado tomato salad recipe:- Avocados contain many unsaturated fatty acids, such as oleic acid, which fights inflammation in the body and has a positive effect on our heart health.
Folate is also included, which is particularly important for pregnant women in the first few weeks of pregnancy, as it protects against miscarriages and developmental disorders.
In addition to the unsaturated fatty acids provitamin A and vitamins B, C, D, E, and K, the avocado also contains many valuable minerals and trace elements. Such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium, iron, copper, and manganese.
But also the tomato doesn’t have to hide behind the avocado in terms of its vitamins and minerals. It also contains a high proportion of vitamin C and potassium. It also has the secondary plant substance lycopene.
This provides protection against coronary heart disease and arteriosclerosis by protecting the cell membranes. It is no wonder that the tomato, originally cultivated in Mexico, has already been used by the Aztecs as a medicinal plant.
Incidentally, the tomato was brought to Europe by the Spanish conquerors. Lycopene is not only found in tomatoes, but also in watermelons, pink grapefruit, and guavas.
In 2002, researchers were able to demonstrate that eating tomatoes lead to less sunburn. Since the lycopene traps free radicals from the sun’s rays, which could destroy healthy skin cells. The tomato consists of over 90% water and is very low in calories with only 18 calories per 100 grams.
Because of the beneficial features of avocado and tomato, we have thus presented this avocado tomato salad recipe. It is a nice recipe for a fresh and colorful salad for the summer, which highlights the avocados.
This avocado and tomato salad is a delicious combination with a very light dressing to fully appreciate the taste and freshness of the salad.
How to Make Avocado Tomato Salad Recipe? 6 Easy Steps
#1 Ingredients needed for cooking the Avocado tomato salad recipe
This salad is very simple but incredibly tasty. The ingredients that these recipe needs are also the common ones that you can go to the market and easily shop for.
They are affordable and common ingredients, you don’t need some special ingredient for this avocado tomato salad recipe. If you want, you can even add other ingredients that you like. You can explore with other ingredients as well. Take a look at the ingredients that you need for this avocado tomato salad recipe:
- Avocado 1 medium size
- Cherry tomatoes 2 cups
- Lime juice
- Olive oil 3 tbsp
- Onion 1 small red, finely diced
- Basil Coriander or at will
- Salt and pepper to taste
#2 Utensils required for making the Avocado tomato salad recipe
This tomato and avocado salad is a simple, quick, and delicious recipe, and it’s one of the favorite salads of many people. Especially during the summer months, when you find fresh tomatoes at local markets.
As for utensils and devices, you only need a few utensils therefore it will be easier or you to prepare for this avocado tomato salad recipe.
The utensils that we use for this recipe are the ones that we use for our daily cooking. Let’s see what utensils we need for this recipe:
- Knife and chopping board
- Paper towel
#3 Preparation before making the tomato avocado salad recipe
Ready in a few minutes, avocado and tomato salad is a light dish, rich in nutrients and free of ingredients that could cause digestive problems among people suffering from Crohn’s disease.
The recipe is enough for 4 servings. This tomato and avocado salad is nutritious, healthy, simple, but delicious. As an accompaniment or as a single dish, it serves everything. As for the preparation for this recipe, the process varies simply.
As the raw ingredients that we need for this recipe are not much. We only need to do a few more washing, cleaning, and chopping. So let’s get on with the preparation for this avocado tomato salad recipe:
- It won’t take you long to prepare the salad so it’s worth doing with dedication and care. We begin by washing our hands first with soap and water.
- Now bring together the utensils that you need for this avocado tomato salad recipe. Wash, clean and dry the utensils and set aside.
- Bring together the raw ingredients that we need or this recipe. Wash the avocado, tomatoes, lime or lemon, basil, coriander for cleaning properly.
- Dry them with a paper towel, and start with peeling and chopping.
- Cut the tomatoes into pieces or segments that we will put in a bowl.
- As for avocados, we leave them for the last moment so that they do not rust and keep their beautiful green color. At that time, we will open them in half and cut into slices or segments similar in size to the tomato, incorporating them into the bowl with the tomatoes.
- Peel onions and wash them properly. Then chop them into fine pieces.
- Cut the lemon and squeeze the juice in a separate bowl.
- Now let’s get started with cooking the recipe.
#4 Method of cooking the Avocado tomato salad recipe
This tomato and avocado salad are so so simple, fresh, and incredibly tasty. The avocado makes it a bit more substantial than some leafy lettuce and it tastes great with tomatoes.
It’s also extremely simple, low in calories and nutritious. The method of making this avocado tomato salad recipe is also easier than you think. Simply follow the methods as mentioned below:
Steps to follow For Avocado tomato salad recipe:
- In order to simply dice the avocado and avoid great smacking and smear, it is helpful to first halve the avocado, then remove the stone (if it is very tight, simply prick the core with a sharp knife and pull it out ).
- Then you cut lengthways and parallel into the avocado with a knife, but not so deep that you cut the skin. Then you can simply spoon out the cubes with a tablespoon like a kiwi.
- Put the tomatoes, avocado cubes, onion, and lime juice in a salad bowl.
- Add the olive oil and season with pepper and salt.
- Add coriander or basil as desired.
- Your salad is ready for eating.
#5 How to serve and eat the tomato avocado salad recipe
It is often clear in summer that a fresh salad is needed. The only thing missing is the right recipe. But that too is solved because with our tomato and avocado salad recipe you use fresh ingredients.
Such as basil, olive oil and conjure up delicious low-carb enjoyment. Here are a few ideas with which you can serve this recipe:
- This refreshing avocado, tomato, and basil salad is a great side dish for meat and fish, baked or grilled, and also a great dish for a cold dinner. As the ingredients are very juicy, this salad is ideal for re-hydrating in spring and summer.
- The tomato and avocado salad is a nice accompaniment to fish and meat dishes and is not only quick to prepare but also very easy to make. A nice piece of steak and the salad is a great meal with important vitamins and minerals.
- You can also combine this salad with crispy fresh cucumbers, peppers, crispy vegetables, kiwi, orange, sour apples. Combine these ingredients to get exceptional flavor combinations.
#6 Some simple tips to follow for making the tomato avocado salad recipe
Losing weight has never been easier with this delicious and healthy detox salad of tomatoes, cucumbers, and avocados.
In addition to being quick and easy to prepare, it contains nutrient-rich foods that burn quickly and at the same time give a feeling of satiety, so you will not have hunger pangs or want to snack on fatty and unhealthy foods.
- You can put a little arugula in the salad and dress the whole salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and it will look great.
- Tomatoes should only be stored outside the refrigerator at room temperature as they are sensitive to the cold.
- It is best to keep tomatoes in the dark so that they develop their full aroma.
- Do not store tomatoes and apples together, since the ripening gas released by the apple causes the tomatoes to ripen.
- The same applies to tomatoes and cucumbers since the tomato also releases ethylene.
- Consume fresh tomatoes within 4 to 5 days
- The smaller and easier the mouth, the more delicious it is enjoyed. Then don’t hesitate to cut the vegetables up.
- The dressing should be mixed with other ingredients right when you want to eat the salad. Because if not, the salad will no longer look and feel fresh. Then always separate the dressing until just before serving. And don’t use too much dressing. The important thing is to mix it evenly.
- Keep some of your favorite salad dressing at hand, whether purchased or homemade. You will probably make a quick salad if you can cover it with a dressing you enjoy.
- Spoon some vegetables and store them in bags or airtight containers in the fridge. If you already have vegetables on hand and are ready to go, it’s easy to just toss them in a mixed salad.
- Make sure you take a large avocado. Avocados are packaged in pairs at some supermarkets. Those are little ones. Use one rather than two. The goal is to get about 350 grams of salad per person. Are you a big eater, maybe a little more.
- Also, use an avocado that is really ripe. This gives the extra smooth effect to the salad, making it taste very good. There are also ready-to-eat avocados for sale, but be careful: that is no guarantee that it is actually ripe
- Wash your vegetables and dry them really well. Watery Salad Vegetables are the route to make a nasty salad. Invest in a salad spinner, or a paper towel. Try these nifty tricks and you can throw them with other ingredients before and get as much moisture off the leaves. Ignore this rule only if you are making a salad without lettuce (a perfect call).
- Toss vegetables and other base ingredients using the dressing making sure all the pieces are coated. You can give the salad another gentle shuffle to distribute the dressing all at that time. But be careful and do this procedure very delicately as you don’t want to wipe out any delicate components (such as the soft crumble of fragile berries or cheese).
- By the way, your hand is really the best tool for this job.
- The Big Bowl is a classic container for salads, but the large, shallow platter also makes a good choice. Especially if you cleverly throw them straight into your mix instead of your toppings and organize them. This gives your work a big canvas and the shallow depth means people take the right proportion of all ingredients.
- Cheese, avocado, and tomatoes look good and are easy to eat if they are cut into the same size. When mixing with the ingredients, please note that if you mix too much, the avocado and tomato will just sink with their juices all out in the salad.
- If you want, you can add sesame, pumpkin seeds, and sunflower seeds to your salad. Sheep cheese also fits well.
#7 Frequently Asked Questions [Avocado tomato salad recipe]
This salad of fresh tomatoes and avocados, in addition to being delicious, will satiate you for a long time, and best of all, it is easy to prepare, so you can take it to work. The detox salad flooded social networks and has become his favorite salad of all time.
Tomatoes are low-calorie foods that contain a lot of water, while avocados are rich in unsaturated fats and fiber that help lose weight and regulate digestion. Here are some questions that you may have regarding this recipe:
1. Can we add other ingredients in this salad other than vegetables?
Yes, you can add other ingredients as you like. We will not be satisfied only with vegetables. So, we need to add other food ingredients such as animal protein (sliced chicken, beef, shrimp, or eggs), cheese (cheddar, feta cheese, etc.). Or, beans, sliced shallots, sliced corn, and chips (tortillas or potatoes).
To enrich the taste, add a little wine, berries, or pineapple. Also various herbs such as basil and cilantro leaves. Everyone likes different tastes. Some people like authentic Mexican guacamole, some like spicy, and some like roasted avocado.
Therefore, there is no universally uniform avocado salad. You can try and experiment with different ingredients to satisfy your taste preference.
Apart from this, there can be no other doubts and questions regarding this recipe. This is so simple that the beginner at cooking can make it easy. Therefore, go ahead and enjoy this summer with this avocado tomato salad recipe.