About Avocado Toast Recipe With Egg:- In recent years, the famous bread and butter for breakfast or snacks are being replaced by another combination that is gaining more and more strength around the world: toast with avocado. The option is very successful among people looking for a more natural diet and the avocado is already being called the healthy butter. Avocado toast appeared in cafes in New York, United States, and quickly spread across the country and the world.
In addition to being a healthy alternative to butter, avocado is super tasty and very eclectic. The dish is easy to prepare and gives many options: the fruit can be used in pieces or in the form of a paste. It can be eaten plain or add more ingredients to the toast – such as fruits and vegetables. Not to mention that the avocado toast goes great with a cup of coffee, which makes the combination ideal for breakfast or an afternoon snack. The dish is really a recipe for success.
The avocado toast invites to creation
The recipe for avocado toast is simple: an avocado is peeled and placed on a slice of toast, then seasoned with a little lime and chili. Invented in 1993 by an Australian chef, this preparation just needs to be revisited. Thus, many gourmets use avocado toast as a culinary canvas that they decorate in their own way, according to their desires and the seasons.
The most developed version is certainly the avocado egg toast, with a soft egg delicately placed on its avocado bed. Another very popular combination of flavors: avocado toasts with smoked salmon. Diced feta, cherry tomatoes, basil, radish slices, scrambled eggs, ham, sprouted seeds. It’s time to be daringly culinary, imagining your own avocado toast recipes.
Origin of avocado toast
In areas where avocados are abundant, such as Mexico, people have eaten avocado with corn tortillas for many years. In the San Francisco area, people have eaten avocado toast since 1885. In 1915, the California Avocado Association described serving small squares of avocado toast as a snack. According to the Washington Post, chef Bill Granger was believed to have been the first person to put avocado toast on his cafe menu in 1993.
In 1999, Nigel Slater published a recipe for a bruschetta avocado in The Guardian. Lauren Oyler’s journalist and editor credited Cafe Gitane, bringing the dish to the United States in its Instagrammable way, as it grew as a food trend. Chloe Osborne, the consulting chef at Cafe Gitane in Manhattan, was the first to put avocado toast on the menu. He first tasted himself in Queensland, Australia in the mid-1970s.
In 1962, a New York Times article showed a special way to serve avocado as the filling for a toasted sandwich.
Avocado toast is very popular with the millennial generation now and usually consists of toast, crushed avocado, and some ingredients or condiments. Millennials were getting a lot of negative attention and criticism for their obsession with avocado toast. In Australia in late 2016, the crushed avocado on toast became a political flashpoint, after columnist Bernard Salt in the Australian stated that he had seen young avocado fin broke with crumbled feta cheese on five toasted grain bread at $ 22 to pop and more. He argued that they should be saving to buy a home instead.
Millennials responded that they felt a feeling of worthlessness in saving for a house with the high cost of housing in Australia. And that the figures showed that even if they gave up avocado toast, it would still take around a decade to save for a home deposit. Furthermore, cafes were said to have become the primary space for the millennial generation to catch up with their friends. As a result of the controversy, several cafes offer discount versions of avocado crushed on toast.
- Servings per container: 4
- Cooking time: 10 min.
- Preparation time: 15 min.
#1 Ingredients required for cooking Avocado Toast Recipe With Egg
What is the best company for an afternoon coffee? A cheese bread or … an avocado toast? The second option is winning the dispute in many cafes in all around the world. The toasted, crunchy, and dry bread, receives a layer of unctuous avocado, which comes in a paste or in slices and acts as a butter. The result, besides being delicious, is usually visually striking, which also explains the thousands of posts on social networks like Instagram.
The ingredients that are used for cooking this recipe are those that are readily available and cheap. Take a look at the ingredients that you need for this recipe:
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- 4 slices of bread
- 1/2 ripe avocado
- lemon drops to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup of fresh cream
- Almonds and lemon zest(optional)
#2 Utensils and items required for cooking the avocado toast with egg recipe
Avocado toast is nothing more than a slice of toasted bread covered with avocado, usually crushed with a fork and seasoned with a pinch of salt and the juice of a lime or half a lemon. Nothing could be simpler and faster than preparing this recipe. The utensils and items that are used for this recipe are not complex but they are the ones that we use daily in our kitchen. We don’t need a fridge or oven, everything can be done in the frying pan and stove. Take a look at what we will be using for cooking this recipe:
- Frying pan
- Glass bowls or any other bowls
- Mortar and pastel
- Barbecue sticks or spoon and ladle
- And of course apron
#3 How to prepare for cooking the Avocado Toast Recipe With Egg
The avocado toast is perfect not only as a meal for lunch or dinner but also to be served as an appetizer or in a buffet or to accompany a delicious aperitif. Everyone photographs, post it, and prepares it for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. It is the dish of the overseas celebrities par excellence. A really simple recipe that has gone around the world and continues to drive the web crazy. Not only popular but preparing for this recipe is also pretty simple and easy.
You don’t need much time and energy to make this recipe that’s why people prefer to eat this recipe in the morning as breakfast or as an afternoon recipe. Or sometimes, even as the quick light dinner. One of the tips while preparing for this recipe is that you don’t rush to cut r slice the avocado.
As it oxidizes quickly and turns brown rapidly, therefore it is recommended that you cut, slice, or prepare avocado only at the time of cooking. The other preparation that you can do for making this recipe easily and quickly are:
- Collect all the items, utensils, and ingredients that you will be using for this recipe and place them on the kitchen counter. So that they will be readily available at the time of your need.
- Wash the frying pan properly and keep it for drying.
- Also, wash the lemon and cut in half, squeeze lemon for its juice in a bowl.
- Take the pepper and crush it
- Cut the almond into small pieces if you are using one.
- Take the lemon and grate to make some lemon zest if you want to enrich the flavor of the toast.
- Now get ready to make this beautiful and delicious recipe.
#4 How to cook the avocado toast with egg recipe
Avocado is rich in good fats (monounsaturated) improving the body’s inflammatory processes. It still has some essential nutrients that control the stress hormone and improve binge eating. Eggs are a great source of protein and vitamins in addition to feeling full.
In other words: the toast avocado with eggs guarantees good fats, essential nutrients, and good protein. It is a delight to go to a cafe or restaurant and see the chef’s genius and creativity expressed in a beautiful avocado toast. But the recipe is easy enough for the less experienced (or lazier) to venture out. Just follow the steps that have been mentioned below:
Steps to follow:
- In a frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and place the slices of bread. Brown on both sides and set aside.
- Knead 1/2 ripe avocado with lemon drops in a bowl and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Reserve.
- In a bowl, with the aid of a wire whisk, lightly beat 4 eggs with 1/2 cup of fresh cream and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. In a frying pan, melt 1 tablespoon of butter and pour in the beaten eggs. With the help of 2 barbecue sticks, quickly stir the eggs in the pan, so that it cooks without drying. Remove the egg from the pan and place it in a bowl.
- To serve, place a portion of mashed avocado on each toast, then a portion of scrambled eggs and garnish with laminated almonds and lemon zest. Serve next.
#5 How to serve and eat avocado and toast recipe
A loaf of fresh bread always goes well with breakfast, especially when the side is equally tasty. Butter, ham, and cheese are indisputable classics, but how about trying something new? In this recipe, bread, avocado, and egg fit together so well that they look like they were made for each other.
The other plus side of this recipe is that children will go crazy if you bring to the table the most beautiful avocado toast full of colored fruit cut out with funny shapes. Because a banana washer can become a flower, a kiwi a heart, and a carambola a star. The other ways by which you can serve this beautiful toast are as follows:
- The way you want to serve and eat this toast depends very much on your need and want. If you want to have a light snack, then serve it without any other options.
- It should be taken as hot as possible. As soon as you get lost for a minute it will have cooled, the butter will not melt as it spreads, and everything will lose some of its grace. If you have to make toasts for several people, the ideal is to serve these stacked on a plate, which will keep the heat more. In any case, if your toast has cooled it is that you have not eaten it fast enough.
- If you want some more flavor, you can definitely serve the toast with any side dishes you like. Such as mashed green peas, sweet potato fries, french fries, grilled chicken, or smoked salmon.
- You can even add some bacon if you like on this toast.
- You can accompany this toast with coffee or milk or tea or any fruit juices you like. Such as orange juice, watermelon juice, etc.
- You can even use some other cream like that of asparagus or serve with yogurt.
- Use raw, cooked, and dried chili sauces. You can also integrate other options such as pickled slices, guacamole, or pickled onions.
#6 Simple tips to follow while cooking the avocado toast with egg recipe
Cut the bread, toast it, and add oil or butter. There is nothing simpler in this world than making a toast, but like everything in this life, it can be done well and it can be done badly. On top of that when you accompany toast with exotic fruit like avocado an egg, then you must follow the tips that are given below to make your toast even better:
- The bread must be of good quality
- Take the beautiful ripe avocado. Take those of the Haas variety (they are the ones with the wrinkled skin), they remain creamier and easier to crush with a fork.
- The basic recipe for avocado toast includes toasted bread and avocado. Bread can be white or wholemeal, you decide. It is recommended to use black rye or multigrain.
- The fruit must be ripe, but not too much, soft enough to the touch, and possibly with the stalk. Avocado with a bright green skin is ideal. Avoid dark and stained ones. Remember that once peeled avocado should be eaten immediately. Otherwise, season it with a little lemon juice.
- As a base, you can use simple avocado pulp blended with honey or brown sugar, or a mousse prepared with avocado, melted chocolate, and coconut milk.
- Use a fork to make the avocado puree and leave a few pieces in the mixture. Add an extra texture to this egg toast.
- Thicker bread works best for making eggs on toast. Any thick bread will work.
- On days when you are in a hurry, simply fry the eggs and place them on the avocado toast. The presentation is not so nice, but the taste is still good.
- It is best to avoid multigrain, whole grain, or rye. Most of this bread is not toasted well especially if there are exposed seeds, which usually burn and the heat makes them too dry. The most important characteristic of a good bread for toasting is its thickness; the denser the crumb, the better.
- The toast should not be too thick, never more than two and a half centimeters (one inch), and much less if the bread is dense. This thickness ensures that almost instantly, with each bite, you can feel a crunch, followed by a feeling of cushioning, and then a butter patty.
- Almost everyone uses bread from the day before to make toast and it is certainly the best way to take advantage of bread that would otherwise end up in the trash. But if we want to make a toast of perfect ten marks we have to use the fresh bread of the day, it is the only thing that guarantees excellence. The fresher the bread, the more lively and addictive the toast will be. Quality sliced bread is certainly an option, but if it has been in your pantry for a week it will have lost much of its grace.
- The essential thing while toasting bread is that it does not burn, but the rest is a matter of taste. Any shade between a golden brown and an autumnal leaf is acceptable. If your toast is darker you will have spoiled it.
- To complete the toast we have to spread it with some type of fat. Butter, margarine, or olive oil are the most common, but only butter is acceptable.
- The best cream for the toast is the ranch cream. Their sweetness is slightly thick and tastes better than acid, which will complement the flavor of your fillings.
- Serve with tongs or fork. You can remove excess liquid and prevent it from spilling on your clothes and that of others.
- To keep the vegetables (lettuce, cabbage, cucumbers, and radishes) stay fresh and bright, keep it in cold water or with a little ice. If you want to use the vegetables on your toast.
- Avocados should be at their right point of ripeness so the avocado is tastier.
- Serve immediately once you have prepared the toast. If not, you run the risk of the avocado turning brown.
Related Post: How To Make Healthy Breakfast With Avocado And Egg Recipes? Easy Cooking Method
#7 Frequently Asked Question
There can be certain common questions in your mind regarding this recipe of avocado toast with egg. Some of the frequently asked questions are discussed below:
1. What is the best type of avocado to make your toast?
Although any variety of fruit can be used in this snack, the is to give preference to the small avocado, instead of the traditional avocado. It is a smaller version with a darker peel than avocado. This variation of the fruit is the best option because, in addition to having less water, it has fewer calories and more nutrients than the larger version. Avocado is rich in fiber, potassium, vitamins E and B6, antioxidants, and healthy fat. The fruit is, of course, a great alternative to give more flavor and health to the toast.
2. What are the other ingredient options to complement avocado toast?
Although toast is already great only with avocado, you can choose to include other ingredients and spices to add even more flavor to your snack. Some very popular alternatives are:
- Avocado toast with scrambled eggs: you can use the sliced or mashed avocado like a paste and, over it, place the scrambled eggs and season with oregano. This version has everything to do with breakfast.
- Avocado toast with smoked salmon and cheese: for those looking for a protein-rich diet, one option is to add smoked salmon and pieces of cheese to the toast.
- Caprese Avocado toast: Another suggestion is to sprinkle the toast with olive oil and, on top, add slices of cherry tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella.
3. When is the best time to eat this toast?
There is no specific time or exact time range that has proven to be more effective for eating this toast. You can have this toast as your breakfast, afternoon snack, or for light dinner. And you want to have a heavy dinner or lunch, then you can make this toast accompanied by chicken, salmon, or any other fruits and vegetables with the sauce that you prefer.
4. Is this toast is the ideal breakfast?
Yes, this toast can be the ideal breakfast for you because of the following reasons:
- Carbohydrate: you can get the carbohydrate from bread that you are using for making this toast.
- Protein: the egg is the rich source of protein that fulfills all the needs that you need for a whole day.
- Fat: avocado is a good source of desired and good fat that helps in reducing cholesterol.
- Fiber, vitamins, and minerals: again the answer is avocado which contains fiber, vitamins, and minerals that you need. And we will also be using lemon juice which is again the richest source of Vitamin C.
5. Why is avocado toast so popular?
Avocado toast is very popular because it embodies a diet that is simple, trendy, and healthy. In fact, avocados are fruits with a low glycemic index exceptionally rich in minerals, oils, and vitamin E. A nutritious richness that makes them digestible, antioxidants, and deacidified for the body. Long reputed to be too fatty, avocado is rich in good fats and specific fatty acids that contribute to the beauty of the skin.
Studies have also uncovered substances that are beneficial in cardiovascular and immune terms, and potentially useful in preventing the development of certain cancers. A healthy superfood from which avocado toast draws its reputation.
6. What are the qualities of avocado toast?
From a nutritional point of view, avocado toast has many qualities. At least if it is not consumed every day, drowned in three liters of oil, 15 slices of fatty cheese, and 8 strips of bacon. To take advantage of its benefits, it is better to taste it as it is, from time to time, with ease and without (too much) superfluous food.
Now, its time to make and enjoy your avocado toast with egg.