Avocado And Mango Salad Recipes:- Avocado, with its real name Persea Americana, is a tree native to Mexico, whose fruit, which we know much better, is edible. Spherical or pear-like in shape, the fruit has dark green skin, a buttery consistency, and a woody core inside.
The authentic taste of fruit when ripened in optimal conditions, is a combination of butter, nuts, grassy and earthy aromas. Avocado is grown today not only in Central and South America but also in Indonesia or India, the favorable climate being tropical or Mediterranean. It seems that the benefits of avocado fruit have been discovered in recent years since there is more and more talk about it.
This fruit can be used in salads, sandwiches or to prepare guacamole, but also to obtain cooking oil, cosmetics, and natural soaps. The fruit is rich in protein, healthy fats (monounsaturated), potassium, calcium, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and vitamins A, C, E, K, B1, B2, B3, B6.
One detail that is good for all consumers to know is how to choose avocados in markets or supermarkets, to take home a ripe fruit in good condition. The fruit must be well-ripened, both for kitchen dishes and if we are preparing to use it in a hair mask.
Mango on the other hand is a tropical citrus fruit that is low in calories and rich in nutrients. Vitamins A and C contribute to the health of metabolism, skin, and hair, and dietary fiber and antioxidants contribute to heart health and digestion. Although the color of the outer rind varies from green through red to yellow and orange.
The inner fruit is always golden-yellow in color, with a sweet and creamy taste reminiscent of the taste between pineapple and peach. It can be combined with other fruits in a fruit salad, can be added to juice or shakes, and is also used to prepare jams, sauces, cakes, and ice cream. Mango contains over 20 vitamins and minerals. It is rich in calcium, potassium, magnesium, iron, amino acids, beta-carotene, and fiber.
It is a rich source of vitamins A, C, and E . The amount of vitamins and nutrients increases with the degree of fruit maturity. Mango is especially recommended to eat when ripe because it contains the most vitamin A at that stage.
Mango is grown in tropical and subtropical regions. Mango is associated in India with religious and folklore customs. Mango leaves and fruits are traditionally used to decorate weddings and public religious ceremonies.
Because of all these benefits of two fruits, we today present you with the recipe for mango and avocado salad. Mango and avocado is a fresh, summer salad, a tasty and creamy salad, which is eaten either as such or next to a grilled steak.
- Servings per container: 4
- Preparation time: 10 min.
- Cooking time: 5 min.
- Complexity: Simple
#1 Ingredients needed for making the avocado and mango salad recipe
The avocado and mango salad is a marvel of flavor and freshness that will come to our table for success. These two original fruits will combine well. Avocado is one of the most modern foods. It has several good properties that are worth noting. If we add the sweetness of mango to this ingredient, we will have a dish full of color, taste, and joy in our hands.
Every salad lover will enjoy a fork bite over and over again. If you’re one of those who want to surprise or give you a little pleasure, consider this avocado and mango salad, you can’t forget that flavor again. This salad is prepared very quickly and the biggest challenge will be to prepare all the ingredients. The raw material will become an outstanding protagonist of any salad. Here are the ingredients that you need for making this recipe:
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 ripe avocado
- 2 large tomatoes
- 1 medium cucumber
- half a small red onion
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
#2 Utensils and items required for making the avocado and mango salad recipe
Mango and avocado are faithful companions in exotic salads. Their tastes are in harmony with each other as well as combined with other products whether it is meat, seafood, or vegetables. The recipe is the simplest ad fastest but guests will surely be delighted by this recipe.
These fruits will help you out during your diet. Mango gives a bright taste for raising the mood, and avocado will provide a feeling of satiety. As the recipe is simple, the utensils that we need for this recipe are also simple that we use in our daily cooking. We don’t need much just a few utensils. And we don’t need any special items or devices for making this recipe. Take a look at the utensils that we need for making this recipe:
Utensils and items required:
- Small and large glass bowls
- Table and teaspoons
- Chopping board
#3 Preparation before making the avocado and mango salad recipe
It is an exotic salad, very fresh and rich in vitamins. It is suitable for any season, it can be served as such, with toast or grilled fish. Very important for the salad to have the perfect consistency and taste. The mango must be reddish-brown, but it must be hard and the avocado must not be hard. It is bitter, but not very soft because it becomes like a paste. The most important step in cooking any recipe is its preparation before cooking.
Preparing for the ingredients, arranging all the utensils, and cleaning, chopping all comes under this step. Once you are done with the preparation, your cooking will be very easy and you will be able to enjoy the cooking in your kitchen. So let’s prepare for making this recipe:
- First, collect all your ingredients and keep them in one place.
- Bring all your utensils that are mentioned above, and start washing, cleaning, and drying them. Such as bowls, spoons, knives, and chopping boards.
- Keep aside your utensils and now wash your hands.
- Now bring together all your raw ingredients such as mango, avocado, tomatoes, onion, cucumber, and lemon.
- Wash in clean water the mango, tomatoes, lemon, avocado, and cucumber.
- Cut the tomatoes in medium-sized pieces and keep in the bowl.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze its juice in a separate small bowl.
- Peel the onion and wash it properly. Then cut the onion into medium size pieces.
- Also, cut the cucumber into medium-sized pieces and set aside.
- As for mango, peel its skin and cut the pieces of mango into cubes ad set aside.
- For avocado, you have to prepare avocado only at the time of making a salad. If you prepare, cut, and slice avocado beforehand, the avocado meat will oxidize and turn to red color.
- Now you are done with your preparation, let’s start making this delicious and healthy recipe.
#4 Method of making the avocado and mango salad recipe
A wonderful salad, full of health. If you’ve heard of avocados prepared just like guacamole, it’s time to try a salad. The combination of avocado, mango, will be very appetizing. Ripe, juicy mango brings sweet freshness, avocado – texture and satiety, all this goes well with fresh vegetables and lemon-honey dressing. Take a look at the step by step procedure to make this recipe:
Steps to follow:
- The first step you need to do is to prepare avocado for salad making. First, cut the fruit lengthwise in the middle, to obtain two halves. Remove the seed with a knife or a spoon. With the same knife, we start to cut the core into cubes, without touching the shell. Another option is to keep the whole core and extract it with a spoon, especially if we use it in guacamole and shake recipes, or to get slices for sandwiches and skewers.
- After cutting avocado meat into cubes, put all the vegetables and fruits together in one large bowl.
- As to make sauce or the salad, take a bowl in which we have squeezed lemon juice. In the lemon juice, mix olive oil and honey.
- Now pour this sauce on the mixture of vegetables and fruit.
- Then put salt and pepper to taste and mix the ingredients properly.
- There you have your mango and avocado salad. Very simple and easy right. And it looks bright with all the colors of red, yellow, and orange, perfect for the summer. Enjoy your salad with any dish you like or eat it alone on the hot summer afternoon.
#5 How to serve the Mango and avocado salad recipe
If you are wondering what to serve with avocado and mango salad, you will be happy to know that it goes perfectly with many dishes. Some of the dishes that you can serve this salad are:
- You can serve this salad with vegan tacos, tortillas, enchiladas, or tortilla chips. But you can serve it with any type of meat (especially grilled), fish, grilled vegetables, lettuce, cooked quinoa, rice, or crispy bread.
- You can also mix it with grilled or baked chicken and greens, and make a delicious salad for lunch or dinner.
- You can also serve this avocado and mango salad with fish such as baked or grilled salmon, tuna or sea bass.
#6 Simple tips to follow for making the Mango and avocado salad recipe
The salad recipe is simple in itself, however, if the raw ingredient especially the mango and avocado if not chosen correctly. The taste of this salad can be quite bitter and not to your taste. Therefore, we have listed some tips for you so that you can make this salad perfectly.
- It can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days, but it is better if you serve it for the first 48 hours.
- You can freeze it, but the recipe will change a little and you will have to cook it.
- You can preserve this salad in a jar, but the process is a bit more complicated if you do it for the first time.
- You can replace certain ingredients with your favorites.
- Make sure the mango is ripe. If you press the mango with your finger and a dent remains on it, it is ready to eat. Use the same method to check if the avocado is ripe.
- If you press the mango and it stays hard, leave it outdoors for a few days until it is ready. When you consume unripe mangoes, they will taste bitter and have a hard texture. Avoid this by simply checking the ripeness and the time it takes for the mango to ripen. You don’t want to waste a potentially good mango because its price is often not low.
- Wash the mango. The mango must be clean even when you plan to peel it.
- Prepare the necessary tools. If you want to slice the mango, prepare a knife, a cutting board, and a bowl for your cubes or slices.
- Wash the fruit under running water and dry
- If desired, cut a small part at the bottom so that it can stand on the surface more easily
- Take a knife and cut the mango in parallel
- The stone you will come across is large, remove it and separate as much meat from it as possible
- Mango is the easiest to cut into cubes, so do it. Leave the crust and cut the net with a knife from which you will later get the cubes.
- When you are done with that, take that part out with your hands and turn it upside down.
- Separate the cubes with a knife from the crust. If the mango is quite ripe, you will be able to do it with your hands.
- Repeat with the other half
- Chopped mango is fantastic in combination with other fruits. If you don’t want too much mango juice in the salad, drain the pieces before placing them in the salad.
- If you want to peel the mango, you can pull out the slices and separate the mango from the peel with a spoon. If the slices are not ripe enough for this, use a knife.
- To avoid surprises, choose avocado with a peel as dark as possible (not green, but dark purple). But if you do not plan to eat it immediately, the green one can be just as good, provided you keep it wrapped in newspaper for a few days, at room temperature, possibly with an apple, a method that will speed up its ripening.
- To motivate yourself and your children to eat more salad, you can buy a nice salad bowl. If you have a nice salad bowl, it will invite you to make a salad. It is worth investing in a good salad bowl, but be careful not to store it somewhere where you will not see it again after returning home from the store. Keep your salad bowl in a visible place, to give you the motivation to fill it with salad. If you serve the salad in a rice bowl, the salad itself will likely be more tempting.
Related Post: How To Make Avocado Ice Cream Recipe For Toddler? Learn The Step By Step Method
#7 Frequently Asked Questions
Here are some common questions that may come in your mind when making this salad.
1. How long does avocado and mango sauce last?
You can keep this avocado and mango sauce in the refrigerator, in airtight pans, for up to 3 days. It’s even better a few hours after you do it because the flavors need a little time to blend. Don’t keep it for more than 48 hours because tomatoes leave a lot of liquid, which makes it too juicy. Also, avocado will start to get a brown color, but it can be eaten even if it doesn’t bother you.
2. How to freeze avocado and mango sauce?
You can freeze it, but the recipe will change a little because you will have to take the avocado out of it. It does not go frozen, it must be eaten fresh. Also, the salad freezes better if it is cooked and thickened, similar to a sauce. Therefore, add the salad to a pot and simmer over medium to low heat until almost all the liquid has evaporated (about 15-20 min).
Once cooked, remove from the heat and leave it at the room temperature to cool. Then move it to freezer pans and you can keep it for up to 3 months. Whenever you need it, all you have to do is defrost it. If possible do not freeze it fresh because the vegetables will soften after you thaw them, losing their texture and taste.
3. How to preserve the mango and avocado salad in the jar?
Yes, you can keep the salad in a jar, but it should be mentioned that it is a bit more complicated if you do it for the first time. First, you will need to cook it at 82 ° C to destroy all the enzymes and bacteria that could damage it while it is in the jar.
Then boil the jars and lids for a few minutes to make them sterile, or wash them in the dishwasher using the hot water wash cycle. Fill the jars with mango and avocado sauce and place the lids. Next, put the jars in a large pot and fill it with water until it covers the jars with 5cm.
Boil them for 15-25 minutes, then remove from the heat and let them cool completely. After they cool, you can store them in the pantry.
4. What ingredients can be replaced in this recipe?
You can play a little with the ingredients in this mango and avocado salad and use your favorites instead of the ones that we have used. For example, you can replace mango with your favorite fruit, such as pomegranate, kiwi, or apple. You can also garnish the salad with fresh green herbs such as coriander, parsley, or mint. Onions contribute a lot to the general flavor and if it is somehow too strong, put it in a sieve after cutting it and keep it a little under cold water.
Thus, its aroma will decrease in intensity. You can use any type of tomato such as cherry or plum. If you like, use large tomatoes that can be cleaned inside, otherwise, they will leave a lot of liquid on the bottom of the bowl. If you serve it fresh, or in a few hours, then use cherry tomatoes.
5. How to choose ripe mango?
To choose a ripe mango fruit, you should know a few simple rules:
- The peel of the fruit should be smooth without dents and damage, the color does not matter. Small spots and specks of brown are acceptable;
- The fruit must be elastic to the touch and not too soft;
- Ripe fruit should have a pronounced fruity aroma. If it is completely absent, then the fruit is immature. And in case the sour or wine smell comes from the mango, it can be claimed that it is overripe and may have already started to ferment or rot.
6. How to store and clean mango?
If the mango is hard, you can keep it at room temperature for a few days. After the fruit is too soft, it should be stored in the refrigerator for no longer than five days. Also, mango fruits can be completely frozen or cut into pieces, and the beneficial substances remain. The best and most accurate way to cut the mango is as follows:
- On both sides of the fruit, cut along the semicircular part of the flesh with the skin, trying to do so close to the seed;
- Taking a sharp knife, cut the meat into cubes, leaving the skin intact;
- By removing the halves you can easily cut the meat on a plate;
- The remaining pulp on the bones should be carefully cut, peeled, and cut into pieces.
- If the mango is not intended for further preparation of any dish from it, then you can simply cut the fruit over and turn the halves in different directions. Then take them out of the stone and eat the pulp with a spoon. This method is only suitable for fairly elastic mangoes.
7. Can I make larger amounts of salad in advance?
You can make larger quantities of salad, which you can mix with lemon juice (this will help keep it fresh) and store it in a well-closed glass or plastic container. This way, you’ll have a salad ready for a few meals in advance, which will come in handy during the day when you’re pressed for time.
8. Can I make the dressing in some other way?
You can buy salad dressing in the store or make your own homemade from super-healthy and natural ingredients (vinegar, honey or agave syrup, olive oil, and lemon juice).
Now that you are ready, make this salad for yourself, your family, and your guests.